Teenager, injured in CRPF firing, 10 injured in south Kashmir

Srinagar, Sunday, 20 July 2014 : At least ten people including a teenage boy who received a bullet in his back were injured in Kulgam. A shutdown was also observed in Kulgam  and Islamabad ( Anantnag) districts against the killing of teenagerSuhail Ahmad Lone, 15, son of Ghulam Qadir Lone of Havoora, Mishpora. A 16-year-old boy was injured today  in Indian paramilitary Central Reserver Police Force (CRPF) firing in Islamabad district during protests against the killing of a youth in a similar incident in Kulgam district. Gowhar Ahmad Wani (Ahsan-ul-Haq Wani )was hit in the chest by a bullet  fired by a CRPF unit in Dhaarno village of Kokernag, here in this South Kashmir district. The CRPF personnel retaliated with live ammunition injuring Ahsan-ul-Haq Wani son of Nisar Ahmad Wani of Dahruna.“The boy has bullet injuries in the chest.” said Medical Superintendent (MS) at the District Hospital, Islamabad, Dr Fazil Kochak.
Suhail Ahmad Lone, 15, son of Ghulam Qadir Lone of Havoora, Mishpora was killed while several others were injuried on Saturday when Indian paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force opened fire upon on protesters in Khidwani of Kulgam.  
Groups of youth assembled at the main square in Qaimoh and clashed with the government forces who have been deployed in huge numbers after yesterday's killing. The youth were shouting anti-India and anti-Israel slogans as forces used  brute force, used batons  and fired tear smoke shells to disperse them. Witnesses said  three youth received injuries.   
A news report said that one of the injured youth who could not be identified was hit by a tear shell in his head. 
Hundreds of troopers and policemen carrying assault rifles and riot gear enforced at Qoimoh, Khudwani and its adjoining areas, reports and eyewitnesses said. 
The adjoining Islamabad district and other parts of Kulgam district wore a deserted look as all shops, petrol pumps and business establishments remained closed, while public transport remained off the roads. However, despite stringent security, measures, clashes broke out between protesters and forces in several parts including Qoimoh and Khudwani.
 “Forces used numerous tear smoke shells to control the youth. However, the youth regrouped and continued clashes with forces. The ding-dong clashes continued till late in the afternoon,” Mushtaq Ahmad Lone, a resident said. 
 During teargas shelling near a dozen persons were injuried and have been shifted to nearby hospital for treatment, reports said.
 The injured persons have been identified as Zahid Bhat son of Manzoor Ahmad of Wanpoh, Yasir Rah son of Reyaz Ahmad of Khudwani, Shahid Ahmad son of Ghulam Mohammad of Khudwani, Mohammad Amin Dar son of Abdul Aziz of Redwani, Mohammad Arif son of Mohammad Yaqoob of Redwani, Mohammad Aqib son of Bashir of Rampora, Farooq Ahmad son of Ghulam Ahmed of Rampora, Dawood Ahmad son of Mohammad Ibrahim of Turki Tashlu and Adil Ganie son of Muzaffar Ahmad Ganie of Ghat Redwani.
In the evening, a teenage boy received a bullet wound when Indian paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force fired on protesters in South Kashmir's Islamabad district.   The boy Gowhar Wani was rushed to district hospital where doctors referred him to Srinagar. Doctors here said the boy's is being operated upon. As per the reports,  the CRPF men were moving through the place of incident where they found few teenage boys sitting on the roadside. Witnesses said the paramilitary shot at the boys injuring Wani in his back. www.sahrja.com